To build a new software team, esqLABS (https://esqlabs.com/) are seeking a Junior Software Developer for C# / .NET (f/m/d) to help us develop cutting-edge software for the life sciences (i.e., pharma) industry as part of the core development team of the cross-industry open-source project “Open Systems Pharmacology” (OSP, www.open-systems-pharmacology.org).
As a part of the multi-stakeholder open-source software project “OSP”, you will be collaborating with other software developers and stakeholders from the core development team. The OSP is an established software solution in use by major big pharma companies for more than two decades for the analysis of biological and medical (clinical) health & medication data to extract and translate knowledge for decision making.
Our aim, with YOUR contribution, is
- to make this software a leading standard tool in the market for physiological modelling, and
- to expand the functionalities based on our know-how and process knowledge to anticipate our customers’ needs and the requirements by health regulators, and
- to stay ahead of the now rapid changes in health care information technology (i.e., developing a software-based approach to avoid animal testing).
esqLABS is an innovative, internationally acting CRO, and one of the key players in the application of the software for consulting across the industry. As such, you will be part of a strongly intradisciplinary team, including engineers, pharmaceutical scientists, physicists, and bioinformaticians.
You will develop software in cooperation with highly experienced experts, including software developers from Bayer AG, the original developer of the OSPS, to define new standards in data analysis in Life Sciences (pharmacometrics & quantitative systems pharmacology).
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, software engineering, or 3+ years of experience and a track record of projects (e.g. on GitHub) if no degree has been obtained
- Ideally working knowledge of C#/.NET
- Experience with code versioning systems (Git)
- Ability to write unit tests using Mocking frameworks
- Ability to effectively work with team members & customers around the globe in a virtual environment
- Agile mindset, problem-solving skills, and willingness to embrace change & new technologies
- Fluency in English
- Competitive salary and a flat hierarchy
- Open-minded working environment and room for new ideas
- Work from home-office or in a coworking space across Europe
- Employee development and budget for training of new skills
- Flexible working hours (you decide when you work)